Resources for researchers working with Indigenous communities.
These resources are in addition to our March 2019 workshop: https://bcsupportunit.ca/events-training/planting-seeds-insights-researchers-interested-working-indigenous-people
Synthesis paper from workshop: Macklin, C. D., Marchand, C., Mitchell, E., Price, R., Mitchell, V., & Bryant, L. (2021). Planting the Seeds: Insights for Researchers Interested in Working With Indigenous Peoples. International Journal of Indigenous Health, 16(1). https://doi.org/10.32799/ijih.v16i1.33193
The following resources will be of value to researchers interested in working with Indigenous people on their patient-oriented research (POR) projects.
Indigenous Community Research Partnerships (ICRP) - Online open education training resource from Queen's U
CBC's 4-part series, "8th Fire" - Videos
- Aboriginal World Views and Education - Online course from U of Toronto via Coursera
- Indigenous Perspectives on Patient-Oriented Research - Dr. Charlotte Loppie (UVic), AbSPORU Capacity Development Summer Institute 2019 Opening Keynote Address recording
- Background context on Indigenous Health Research - Online Course or Training
- Research Involving First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples of Canada - Online webinar
- Cultural Safety and Cultural Humility - Online Webinars
- Fundamentals of OCAP - Online Course or Training
- Gathering Knowledge: Working with Indigenous Communities - Online Course or Training
- Cultural Safety and Humility Action Series 9 - Video
- First Peoples: A Guide for Newcomers - Document
- Indigenous Canada online course - Online Course or Training
- Indigenous cultural safety online training program - Online Course or Training
- Decolonizing community engagement - Web Link
- Pulling Together: A Guide for Front-line Staff, Students, and Advisors - Web Link
- Indigenous Foundations - Web Link
- Chapter 9 - Research Involving the First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples of Canada - Online Course or Training
- Planting the Seeds Workshop - Event
- Planting the Seeds: Resource List - Document
Apihtawikosisan - Indigenous Issues 101 - Web Link
Indigenous Ways of Knowing - Online Modules
Interested in learning more about working with people from varied cultural backgrounds? Learn more on our Intercultural Competency Resources page.
Do you know of a resource that might be of value to this page, or would you like to learn more about working with Indigenous communities? Fill out our inquiry form to get in touch!