- What exactly is REDCap?
- Why should I use REDCap? How will it help me?
- What REDCap services are provided for me?
- How do I sign up?
- REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture), a secure, sophisticated web application for building and managing online surveys and databases, is now available for health researchers in BC. Licensing of REDCap through the BC Academic Health Sciences Network enables us to support researchers across the province.
Why should I use REDCap? How will it help me?
- REDCap is a powerful tool that has more sophisticated logic features for health researchers compared to basic survey and database programs.
- Access to REDCap is through Population Data BC.
- Access can be requested free of charge only if the research work meets the definition of patient-oriented research. General (non-patient-oriented) research project members can access REDCap support for a one-time fee of $500.
- To use this service, all research teams must have ethics approval for a project or must be in the process of obtaining ethics approval.
- If you will be using REDCap for an REB approved research project, please fill out the BC AHSN’s REDCap intake form.
- If you're requesting REDCap for a patient-oriented research project, please be prepared to provide your research proposal and/or patient engagement plan.
- You will receive an email once your intake form has been processed with information on next steps.
Return to our REDCap homepage.