9:00am - 4:00pm
Unviersity of Victoria, Michael Williams Building room 120.
There is no cost to attend this session, but registration is required as space is limited. If you’re interested in joining us, please reach us at email@example.com
Date/Time: February 3 (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) AND February 4 (1:00 pm – 4:00 pm)
Location: University of Victoria Michael Williams Building room 120.
Cost: No cost to attend; catering provided
Workshop objective: A workshop for research coordinators, research assistants and trainees in the Vancouver Island region to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to support patient research partnerships.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define patient-oriented research and patient engagement in the context of health research
- Develop successful strategies for recruiting patient partners
- Know where to access suitable just-in-time training resources
- Understand the duties and responsibilities associated with supporting patient partners within the context of a research project or program
- Budget for patient engagement
- Create an environment that considers ethical issues of importance to patient engagement
- Evaluate patient engagement within a given research project or program from an individual and institutional point of view using validated tools
RSVP: There is no cost to attend this session, but registration is required as space is limited. If you’re interested in joining us, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
 Researchers would also be welcome to attend