9:00am - 5:00pm
Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle Downtown (1128 West Hastings Street), Vancouver, BC
TWO DAY WORKSHOP: MARCH 21 and 22, 2019
- Free of charge
- Breakfasts and lunches included
This 2 day workshop will be of value to researchers interested in working with Indigenous people on their patient-oriented research (POR) projects.
Upon completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Define and understand the meaning of the concepts of power, privilege and ownership.
- Self-reflect on how power, privilege and ownership impact research with Indigenous people.
- Have an increased understanding of Indigenous and Western worldviews.
- Apply principles of Indigenous research (OCAP and 4 R’s).
- Increase your self-awareness and cultural safety abilities.
Facilitator bios are available here.
Staying at the workshop hotel? Call Marriott reservations directly at (800) 207-4150 to book your guest room or book online at https://book.passkey.com/e/49858932 . The preferred rate of $245/night closes on Wednesday, February 20.