9:00am - 5:00pm
Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle Downtown (1128 West Hastings Street), Vancouver, BC
Registration coming soon.
Free of charge
Breakfasts and lunches included
This workshop will be of value to researchers interested in working with Indigenous people on their patient-oriented research (POR) projects.
Want to learn about patient-oriented research more generally? Take the new PORTL-PHC online training modules offered through the Ontario SUPPORT Unit. (link to the PORTL-PHC page)
Upon completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Define and understand the meaning of the concepts of power, privilege and ownership.
- Self-reflect on how power, privilege and ownership impact research with Indigenous people.
- Have an increased understanding of Indigenous and Western worldviews.
- Apply principles of Indigenous research (OCAP and 4 R’s)
- Increase your self-awareness and cultural safety abilities
Facilitator bios will be available soon.
Registration link to come soon.