Registration Deadline: November 22nd, 2019 23:59 MST
WANT TO LEARN HOW TO DO A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW?
The Alberta SPOR SUPPORT Unit Knowledge Translation Platform will be hosting a Cochrane Standard Author Training course at the University of Alberta (Edmonton, Canada):
Dates: November 26-28*, 2019
Location: Edmonton Clinic Health Academy (ECHA) – Room TBA
*The course is 2.5 days in length, held from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Nov 26th and 27th, and from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM (noon) on Nov 28th.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: November 22nd, 2019 23:59 MST
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
You will learn the basic skills of conducting a Cochrane review (https://www.cochrane.org/). **Although this course will focus on health topics and research contexts, the activities will cover methodologies and skills that will be relevant for other disciplines as well.
Topics will include protocols, defining your question, literature searching, study selection, assessing bias, data and analysis, formulating conclusions, and a hands-on session with review management software.
This workshop is suitable for participants who:
- Have registered a review title about interventions, and are ready to begin writing a protocol;
- Have little or no experience in systematic reviews; or,
- Are experiencing difficulty defining the scope of their review.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
- Overview of Cochrane and Cochrane Systematic Reviews
- Defining the Research Question and Developing a Protocol
- Systematic Literature Searching
- Study Selection
- Critical Appraisal and Risk of Bias tool
- Data extraction
- Analysis (including meta-analysis) and Interpretation
- GRADE Evidence & Findings Reviews
- Review management software
**Participants will be required to bring a laptop for course work