Click on graphic to see larger version.
What are Methods Clusters? Methods Clusters are the ‘science’ pillar of the BC SUPPORT Unit. The mandate of the clusters is to advance the evidence-base of the scientific methods used within the areas listed above by fostering a community of methodologists to undertake projects within the context of patient-oriented research.
Methods Clusters roles and characteristics:
- Provide methodology support and development
- Be directed by leading scientific experts who will connect people from across the province to create virtual clusters
- Enhance the application of specific methods in patient-oriented research by providing support and advice, fostering methodological innovation and advancement, and enabling collaboration with national and international colleagues
Methods Clusters proposed in our business plan:
- Real-world clinical trials
- Mixed methods research
- Outcomes and experience measurement in patient-oriented research
- Health economics and simulation modelling
- Evidence reviews and syntheses
- Knowledge translation and implementation science
- Data sciences
Additional Methods Cluster:
- Patient engagement
For more information, please visit our Methods Clusters homepage.