P2P Awards are offered by the BC SUPPORT Unit in partnership with the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research (MSFHR). These awards help BC-based patient-oriented research teams pilot and test the feasibility of their project, to make their future grant applications stronger.
Through P2P Awards, we hope to build and strengthen capacity in patient-oriented research in BC.
2018 P2P Award Winners
Five P2P Awards are awarded in 2018. Each award amount is up to $20,000 for a maximum duration of 12 months.
The winners are announced here.
Guidelines, Eligible Expenses & Evaluation Criteria
To begin your application:
- Read the detailed guidelines page for the P2P Awards, or download the PDF version
- Read the Eligible Expenses document (PDF) (please note that overhead costs are not eligible expenses for this award)
- Read the Evaluation Criteria (PDF)
Application submissions opened on September 18th, 2017 at 8:00am PDT on MSFHR’s ApplyNet, and closed on October 30th, 2017 at 4:30pm PDT.
- 2018 P2P Instructions – this document provides a step-by-step guide for applicants while completing the P2P application on our system.
- Applicant ApplyNet Tutorial – this document contains screen shots of the researcher co-lead application form.
- Patient Co-Lead ApplyNet Tutorial – this document contains screen shots of the patient co-lead form.
- Researcher Co-Lead Full Application (P2P): Researcher Co-Lead sample PDF
- Patient Co-Lead (P2P): Patient Co-Lead sample PDF
Access MSFHR’s ApplyNet here.
Introductory Webinar Recording
A webinar led by Dr. Stirling Bryan was held on September 8th, 2017. View the recording below:
Program development and award administration support for the P2P Awards are provided by: