Are you a member of a BC-based health research team currently designing a patient-oriented research study? We encourage you to apply for our brand-new P2P (Pathway to Patient-Oriented Research) Awards!
P2P Awards are offered by the BC SUPPORT Unit in partnership with the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research (MSFHR). These awards help BC-based patient-oriented research teams pilot and test the feasibility of their project, to make their future grant applications stronger.
There will be at least five P2P Awards in 2018. Each award amount will be up to $20,000 for a maximum duration of 12 months.
Through P2P Awards, we hope to build and strengthen capacity in patient-oriented research in BC.
Guidelines, Eligible Expenses & Evaluation Criteria
To begin your application:
- Read the detailed guidelines page for the P2P Awards, or download the PDF version
- Read the Eligible Expenses document (PDF) (please note that overhead costs are not eligible expenses for this award)
- Read the Evaluation Criteria (PDF)
Ready to Apply?
Application submissions open on September 18th, 2017 at 8:00am PDT on MSFHR’s ApplyNet, and close on October 30th, 2017 at 4:30pm PDT.
Please review the following documents to help with your application for this award:
- 2018 P2P Instructions – this document provides a step-by-step guide for applicants while completing the P2P application on our system.
- Applicant ApplyNet Tutorial – this document contains screen shots of the researcher co-lead application form.
- Patient Co-Lead ApplyNet Tutorial – this document contains screen shots of the patient co-lead form.
- Researcher Co-Lead Full Application (P2P): Researcher Co-Lead sample PDF
- Patient Co-Lead (P2P): Patient Co-Lead sample PDF
Access MSFHR’s ApplyNet here.
Introductory Webinar Recording
A webinar led by Dr. Stirling Bryan was held on September 8th, 2017. View the recording below:
Program development and award administration support for the P2P Awards are provided by: