While the BC SUPPORT Unit isn’t a funding agency, we’re happy to inform you about patient-oriented research funding opportunities offered by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and other organizations. Contact us if we've missed a listing that you think can be included.
The opportunities below are organized by registration deadline:
This program: supports projects that contribute to sustainable and accountable community initiatives in the areas of prevention, early detection, treatment, research and emerging issues in the health care workforce; encourages local and regional education campaigns on breast cancer issues which are relevant to the community in which they are based; supports initiatives that encourage local decision-making and problem-solving; and, invests in community-based health research and action research.
Application deadline: No deadline
Participatory Action Research Grant, offered by the Vancouver Foundation
These grants will support research that is co-led by community members and researchers to learn more about the root causes of pressing issues impacting the health of communities.The research must be a collaboration between community organizations and institutions with access to an ethics board, such as universities. There will be two different grant types available under Participatory Action Research Grants, depending upon the stage of your project.
- Convene: short-term grants to help teams develop a participatory research project plan that can be submitted to funding organizations.
- Investigate: multi-year grants to help teams answer a research question, analyze their findings, and share knowledge in a way that supports the community to take action in the future.
Registration deadline: July, 2018
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country's economic, social and research-based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
Application deadline: September 18, 2018 (20:00 EDT)
For more funding opportunities offered by the CIHR, please use the ResearchNet Search Page.
If you know of a patient-oriented research funding opportunity, please email us.