What is Data Science and Health Informatics?
Data Science is an umbrella term for techniques used when trying to extract insights and information from data. It is the intersection of: statistics, mathematics, computer design & programming, and involves problem-solving, capturing data in ingenious ways, cleansing, preparing, and aligning the data. Data science methods can relate both to structured and unstructured data.
Health Informatics is the use of information and communication technologies in health care (also known as: eHealth, digital health & biomedical informatics). It Is the intersection of computer science, library science, cognitive science, organizational science and health science (e.g. medicine, nursing, pharmacy etc.).
Lead and Advisor
What are potential areas for methods development within data science and health informatics?
|Data Science methods include:
||Health Informatics methods include:
- For more information, please see our Project Development page.
- Visioning Event: Graphic #1 (Cluster Context)
- Visioning Event: Graphic #2 (Cluster Speakers)
- Visioning Event: Graphic #3 (Cluster Gaps/Goals and Beyond)
- Webinar recording: Post-Visioning Event Workshop (November, 2017) (below)
Who to Contact:
KT Specialist: Alison Hoens