Themes and subthemes for potential project development
Five themes and several subthemes have been identified from stakeholder consultations (1:1 consultations, visioning workshop and webinar):
Theme A: Integrated technology and analytic infrastructure that informs patient care
- Analytics that inform point of care clinical decision support systems.
- Predictive models across disparate Electronic Medical/Health Records (EMRs/EHRs)
Theme B: Opportunities to transform healthcare data by focusing on patient-centredness
- Personal health records (PHR)
- Personalization and tailoring, including genomics
- Data mining to identify unique patient and/or clinical subgroups
- Integration of health and non-health data (e.g. social media data)
Theme C: Data ecosystems with integration of person-centred data
- Data infrastructure to support care coordination and health information exchange.
- Data sets that would advance Natural Language Processing (NLP) and other text-based analytics in healthcare (e.g. Patient Reported Experience Measures (PREMs))
- Information architecture modeling for community data
- Robust architecture to support advanced data science analytics such as machine learning.
- Database visualization methodologies for healthcare
Theme D: Application of specific types of data science methods to support patient centred healthcare
- Visual Analytics, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Data Linkage, etc.
Theme E: Analytic approaches to address big data & the internet of things in the health context
- Home monitoring
- Systems for chronic disease virtual care
Note that there are varying degrees of overlap between themes. These features are intentional.