Following Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) approval in March of start-up funding for the BC SUPPORT Unit (the Unit) and CIHR feedback on our business plan, several start-up activities are underway:
- Steps are being taken following the Unit’s Interim Governing Council (IGC) meeting on March 19 to formally respond to the CIHR feedback on our business plan and to begin start-up operations:
- An interim operating plan and a communications plan for the start-up phase have been drafted and should be finalized in late April or early May.
- The IGC is meeting regularly to provide direction to the Interim Operations Team and support the Unit’s development.
- The Interim Operations Team is meeting regularly to do the work necessary to set up the Unit.
- The Unit will be reaching out to stakeholders in the weeks to come to discuss how we can work together toward ongoing operations.
- Members of the Interim Operations Team have been recruited to work on a part-time basis during the start-up phase. The team is:
- Bev Holmes, interim leader
- Rhonda Tolley, interim executive assistant
- Heather Harris, interim operations lead
- Jessica Collins, interim project manager
- Jane Thomas, interim communications lead
- Martin Schechter, interim scientific lead
- Colleen McGavin, interim patient/stakeholder engagement lead
- Victoria Schuckel, BC Ministry of Health representative
- Natacha Vairo, BC Ministry of Health respresentative
Subscribe to the BC SUPPORT Unit mailing list to receive our updates.